WHAT ARE THE EXTRA MEASURES WE ARE TAKING DURING SUMMER OF 2020?
– All staff will be required to wear masks.
– We will be checking temperature upon entry of every person (children + adults) that enter the studio.
– All parents entering the studio will be required to wear masks.
– Children must have a mask. While we cannot expect from young children to wear masks all day, we do our best to distance the kids and ask them to wear their masks for activities that requires them to be in close proximity to each other.
– The studio will continue to be disinfected and cleaned regularly. We always disinfect several times a day and we’ll do it even more. Our cleaning products are provided by a commercial cleaning supply provider and they are all hospital grade effective
– Add even more wash your hands rounds to our routine
– Every morning, we go over the rules of camp and the plan for the day. Discussion about preventing the spread of viruses will be a part of our daily morning routine. We will talk about social distancing, washing our hands, cleaning our mats.
– Staying outdoors as much as possible – however, if extreme heat that may not be possible but we do run a fresh air vent all day long.
– Kids that show any symptoms of being sick will be sent home and should not be brought to camp.
– Mats for circle time, Spanish lessons and rest time will be put at a distance.
– Toys will be disinfected after each play and kids will be asked to use hand sanitizer after playing with the toys.
– Absolute open communication and regular updates for parents. We are always here to hear your concerns and we value your feedback and opinion. Together we can decide what’s best for the safety of our children.
– There will be no field trips and recitals at least for June and July.
PARENTS ASKED ABOUT CAPACITY:
– We will be at 12 or less kids per room.
PARENTS ASKED WHAT WOULD THE DAY LOOK LIKE:
– With the above mentioned restrictions and measures, we plan to have our usual schedule: circle time, outdoor time, Spanish lesson, dance lesson, lunch, arts and crafts, another dance lesson, rest time (older kids do learning activities like reading, writing, math and younger kids listen to a story), we finish the day with story time and games.
– Recitals will be virtual via Zoom.
– We do not plan to go on field trips.
– We will use water toys to re-create our spray park experience on Wednesday of every week.
PARENTS ASKED IF KIDS WILL BE TAKING SNACK FROM ONE BOWL.
– NO, we never do that even on a normal summer. Snack is distributed in clean Dixie cups and handed to each child.
WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO USE YOUR CREDIT IN FULL IF YOU DON’T WANT TO ATTEND CAMP:
– Semester Classes
– Next year camps
– One day and one week camps
– You could also ask for a refund. Keep in mind as per our policy we can only offer 70% refund and weekly deposits are non refundable.
PARENTS ASKED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN WITH FIELD TRIPS AND HAVING TO TAKE KIDS ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
– We plan to refrain from using public transportation and stay local within walking distance. If the city assures us that numbers of infected people has dropped to where it’s safe, we may reconsider.
PARENTS ASKED IF CHILDREN WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS:
– Each child must have a mask packed. While we cannot expect from young children to wear masks all day, we do our best to distance the kids and ask them to wear their masks for activities that requires them to be in close proximity to each other.